A little Monday motivation!
I finally had a chance to curl up on the coach relax and read the latest Interior Design Magazine : Best of Year. This issue featured a multitude of design inspired products, spaces and materials. It was incredibly inspiring and informative! Below are my top 5 from the Best of Year winners :
1. Torrent by Rieke Office Interiors : “Torrent is a a multi-dimensional, eco-friendly acoustical architectural wall covering.” Not only is this product functional for acoustics but it’s also perfect for a feature wall in an open office environment. I love how this product is sculptural unlike several other acoustical panels. Acoustics have become a huge topic of conversation with the move towards the open work environment and this is a perfect solution
2. Level Hexagon by Shaw Industries : I love how Shaw Industries has capitalized on the hexagon shape with there carpets and now their luxury vinyl tile. The vibrancy of this LVT and its unique shape makes it the perfect option for any techy client. The product also transitions seamlessly with the Shaw hexagon carpet tiles allowing for your creativity to flow flawlessly!
3. Clive Wilkinson Architects – Project: Macquarie Group, Sydney, Australia : This office space is absolutely stunning! This multilevel office space has a clean, white and bright aesthetic paired with this years Pantone Color of the year : GREEN. The high contrast of colors and their use of space makes this project a clear winner!
4. Janus et Cie – Forest Chair : Talk about a fabulous chair! This chair is perfect for an outdoor patio, pantry or even in a small huddle room. I love how the designer used hard lines to create an organic shape, the juxtaposition is incredible!
5. Herman Miller – Public Office Landscape : I had the opportunity to view this line in the DC Herman Miller Showroom and was very impressed by it– it’s no surprise it won “best of year”. The line is modular and modern but also functional and a space saver. The line speaks to the open office concept very well by creating both collaborative spaces and private spaces for heads down work. I can’t wait to use this product in my next project!
All images from Interiordesign.net